The key to this chicken noodle soup recipe lies in the homemade chicken stock that simmers the healing properties out of the bone-in chicken thighs for hours. This process creates a concentrated soup base that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Fresh garlic added to this soup contains Allicine, an antibacterial anti-oxidant. Celery is full of antioxidants to give your immune system a boost so I don’t recommend skipping that. It seems like a long cook time but trust me, it’s worth it. This chicken noodle soup recipe is a powerful medicinal tool in the fight against your standard cough/cold/flu germs. It really is the best chicken noodle soup ever!
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 10 cups homemade chicken stock
- ½ package Whole Wheat Wide Noodle Pasta*
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp salt
- 5 cups water
- Simmer skinless chicken thighs on low in homemade chicken stock for 3-4 hours
- Take thighs out of stock, shred or chop meat off of bones and set aside
- Cook noodles according to package directions (to al dente), drain and rinse
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery to chicken stock and simmer until tender
- Add chicken, noodles, salt, and water to stock and simmer until flavors are combined.
This freezes really well so make a big batch and keep on hand!!
*Try gluten-free fusilli or other gluten-free noodle here if desired.