On a whim today I made a breakfast experiment: green eggs!! I wanted something warm on this cold, snowy December morning so instead of a smoothie I opted for eggs. Now, I’ve been on a smoothie kick for a little while now and it has been really great. ESPECIALLY since I began incorporating superfood greens powder into the smoothies. I got the Food Matters version* on sale after Thanksgiving and decided to try it out. I have been telling everyone what an energy and mental clarity boost that has been. Who knew that half a teaspoon of green powder would make such a difference in my day? More on that at another time, but back to this morning…
Still wanting the energy boost from my superfood greens powder, I decided to add it to my egg dish. I have to say, it was pretty awesome and I will definitely make it again tomorrow. Green eggs are my new favorite. Kermit was wrong, it IS easy being green!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 eggs
- Almond milk to taste
- Superfood greens powder to taste*
- Salt to taste
- Your favorite spicy sauce to taste (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add spinach, sauté until wilted
- Whisk 2 eggs with with some almond milk and supergreens powder.
- Poured egg mixture into the pan on top of sautéed spinach. Move, scrape, and flip eggs and spinach frequently until eggs are just cooked.
- Remove from pan, add salt and spicy sauce (optional, I used a chipotle garnishing sauce) to taste and enjoy your green eggs!
*Confession: the Food Matters Superfood Greens powder also contains vanilla and cinnamon for flavor. Honestly, combined with the eggs and spinach, it was barely noticeable to me. However, if you are sensitive to weird flavor combos (as I am clearly not), choose a superfood green that is not flavored for more palatability in sweet vs savory context.